On the 4th of June, 2010, the association “Continuing Education Center” will organize the workshop “Using the iPod Touch in EL Teaching and Learning”. The participants will be introduced to the iTunes application and the iPod touch portable device and will learn how:
- to download and install the iTunes application;
- to organize the audio and video files available on a computer using iTunes ;
- to download educational audio and video files, like English language podcasts, using iTunes application;
- to record dialogues for the conversation classes or poems for the literature courses and upload new content in their iTunes library;
- how to add the lyrics to the songs that teachers use as an energizer in the classrooms, for the dialogues that students have to learn in the conversation classes, or the poems that students have to learn by heart for the literature courses;
- to explore free resources from top universities around the world, like course lectures and podcasts;
- to download or/ and subsribe to podcasts via iTunes and sync content to an iPod touch;
All these great resources are available for free and the workshop is held for free as well. Join us to find out how to access resources to improve your listening and speaking skills and stay up to date on research topics in your subject areas.
If you have an iPod or an iPhone, please bring it with you!
Date: 4 June, 2010
FELT School office
A. Russo Balti State University, Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures, room 410.
Facilitator: Daniela Murgulet
Participants: EL teachers from our partner institutions and students who have volunteered in our two editions of FELT School.
All the interested persond are required to send an email message to: email@example.com with the subject: participant at the iPod workshop, and including the following data: Name, Surname, Institution, (students are kindly asked to include information about Faculty and group as well), the period when you have volunteered for FELT School, and your contact data.
Important! If there will be less than 15 participants the workshop will be postponed.