Summer School “Volunteers Who Teach English”
20 -26 August 2012
Place: the High School Balauresti, from the village of Balauresti, Nisporeni district.
The association “Continuing Education Center” in collaboration with the English Philology Department, Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literature, A. Russo Balti State University and the High-school Balauresti from the village of Balauresti, Nisporeni district is pleased to announce the first edition of the summer school “Volunteers who Teach English” organized in the framework of the 5th edition of FELT School.
Join our school if you want to:
- Observe an experienced teacher promoting an EL lesson;
- Access EL textbooks, courses, CDs and other resources for primary learners;
- Plan EL lessons with a Moldovan or American teacher;
- Hold EL lessons with an experienced teacher as well as individually;
- Attend a training course and build leadership skills;
- Participate in workshops and write a project proposal, devise a budget and learn how you can access funds for educational projects;
- Enjoy teambuilding activities in the open air;
- Find out about volunteer’s rights and receive a certificate of participation;
Our aim is to promote volunteering as a way of professional development and active citizenship by organizing a summer school which is entirely free:
- there are no admission fees;
- travel costs to the school site are reimbursed (to be confirmed via the email);
- hosting high-school kindly offers the classrooms and accommodation facilities;
- accommodation is provided in a modern student dormitory;
- meals will be provided in the newly built canteen;
- A committed Moldovan and American staff is involved in making this possible;
- Volunteering students will access resources for free in order to build their teaching portfolio and develop EL teaching skills; they will also be awarded a book and a certificate of participation at the end of the summer school;
Who Can Participate:
- 3rd year students and MA students, future English language teachers;
- Students from all the universities of Moldova;
- Students currently studying at various faculties which imply a specialty entitling them to become EL teachers in the future ( for example: a specialty in French and English Education, or Russian and EL Education, Computer Science and EL Teaching, Primary Education and EL Teaching, EL Teaching and Italian Language Teaching, etc.)
Interested students are invited to send us an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us the following information: First name and surname, place and date of birth, studies (University, Faculty, specialty, year, group), & contact data (current place of residence, home telephone, mobile telephone, email).
Deadline for application: 1 June 2012.
We will send you detailed information about the school via the email and will inform you about the results of the application process. Please note that there will be a confirmation round in the period 1-10 August 2012. Candidates who fail to confirm their participation in August will not be able to participate in the program.
A warm welcome awaits you in the village of Balauresti:
Picturesque village on the border of the Prut River;
Home place of Maria Dragan, the famous national folk music singer;
Great site for teambuilding activities;
Delicious traditional food cooked by the local cooks;
Amazing children eagerly waiting for your class to begin;
Volunteering, professional development opportunities and so much fun!!!
If you have any questions or suggestions , please contact us via the email: email@example.com.
FELT School team